“And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”2 Corinthians 3:18
I remember the first time I read this passage; I was so excited! I knew it was true. Jesus was alive in me, and the transformation work of God in me had begun. I was being changed. And this process still goes on today. Not that I’ve already obtained said Paul, but I press on. (Philippians 3:12) Paul gives both encouragement and testimony in the book of Philippians. It’s what we should be doing – showing others the power of God alive and at work in us. We, His believers, are the light of Christ, bringing the message of the gospel and a changed life, from sinner to a child of God, by the witness of our life.
“Follow my example,” encouraged and instructed Paul. (Philippians 3:17)
I remember weeping to God in thankfulness for the apostle Paul and his life. If Paul hadn’t suffered in the way that he had for the gospel to bring the message of freedom and salvation to others, we would be lacking it! So many have taken their comfort in his life. Narrow and difficult is the way, Jesus said, and few find it. (Matthew 7:14) But Paul found it, and encouraged not only others to find it, but lived the result of Christ being received into his heart and life.
Aren’t you glad you found it? I presume you have since you are reading this post. Be encouraged and press on today. Live as Paul did, imitated Christ so others can find the King of Life and the love of God, He sent into the world to redeem His children. (1 Corinthians 1:11)
Look to our Savior for the steps you are to take and be empowered. Remember, we are not alone. Thousands, upon thousands around the world, believe in Jesus. God has not left us as orphans. Jesus is with us today and every day. He is helping us work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Meaning, the fear of not disobeying our Father by not listening to His Son and His teaching and Word. We don’t want to miss out on His glorious transformation work in us that He wants to faithfully complete. (John 14/Philippians 2:12)
- Philippians 3:12 – Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
- Philippians 3:17 – Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do.
- Matthew 7:14 – But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.
- 1 Corinthians 1:11 – Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
- Philippians 2:12 – Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed–not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence–continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
- John 14:18 – I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
Leave a Reply